It’s a fact…
We now need to look at where we buy our fashion from.
We encourage people to look consciously when buying garments.They may cost a little more due to their production but by shopping smarter and purchasing great timeless designs that increase the time spent on the body and not in landfill, we can make a huge difference to the world. Less of buying that $20 cotton t-shirt and $80 pair of jeans and more well thought-out decisions with sustainable designer garments. We are proud to know our responsibility and that is to create change in our industry.
Facts about global fashion manufacturing:
- It takes an average of 7,000 litres of water to produce one pair of jeans. That's about the amount of water you drink over the course of 5-6 years.
- 2 billion pairs of jeans are produced each year.
- 20% of industrial water pollution comes from the treating and dyeing textiles.
- By extending the life of a garment by a further 9months would reduce carbon, waste and water footprints by around 20-30% each.
- In USA, 10.5 Million tons of clothing is sent to landfill every year, that’s as heavy as the Empire State Building
- There are tens of millions of people in slavery today of which nearly 1 in 3 is a child. Researchers estimate 40 million are enslaved. 50% of slavery victims are in labour slavery, like manufacturing